Vision, ethos & values
To establish, nurture and grow lifelong learners
As a school community, through our curriculum and daily life we want to:
Establish in learners:
- A thirst for knowledge and learning;
- Positive and healthy relationships;
- A sense of place in the community;
- High expectations of behaviour and learning;
- A sense of resilience, independence & self-confidence;
- Clear communication skills;
- A responsibility for their actions.
Nurture our learners so that they develop:
- A positive self esteem;
- A healthy attitude towards risk taking;
- Creativity in all they do;
- A tolerance of others opinions and beliefs;
- A drive to succeed and betterment;
- An appreciation of the natural world and our role in protecting it;
- A passion to make a difference to themselves, their school and their; community;
- An understanding of their own actions and their impact.
Grow our learners so that they are:
- Equipped for their next stage in education and life;
- Happy and content, resourceful and resilient;
- Creative in their approaches to tackling problems;
- Self-aware and able to communicate effectively in a variety of ways;
- Grounded in our values and able to adapt to an ever-changing world;
- Aware of their responsibility and impact on the wider community and beyond.
As a result of our vision:
Our Learners will thrive in a world of uncertainty, challenges and endless possibilities. They will be inspired and equipped so that they can change the world!